Need help in understanding instruction

Hello,
I used to knit without pattern (while back and forgot most of the sts). I am trying to make a Blue Rhapsody afghan but I don’t understand the instructions. I really need help.

[color=red]It said to cast on 41 sts[/color] … I got that part :smiley:

[color=red]Rows 1-6 K1, (P1, K1) across[/color]. … I knitted the first st, then purl one the second st and knit the third st so far I got 3 sts done. Then I knitted the next st, then p1 in the next st and k1 the next st so on until the rest of the 38 sts were done.

When I did the next row I came out short in sts, all 41 sts from the left needle were knitted and I wasn’t finish with the row yet. I hope I can expain.

[color=red]Row 7 (right side): (K1, P1) 3 times [/color] I ended with 6 sts done.
[color=red]K2 tog[/color] now 8 sts done.
[color=red]YO[/color] it doesn’t count as a st 'cause it doesn’t come from the left needle.
[color=red]K1[/color] now 9 sts
[color=red]YO[/color] it doesn’t count as a st 'cause it doesn’t come from the left needle.
[color=red][slip 1, K1, PSSO][/color] here are 4 mor sts so total I have 13 sts

[color=red]* K3,[/color] 16 sts
[color=red]Slip 1,[/color] 17 sts
[color=red]K1[/color] now 18 sts
[color=red]PSSO,[/color] counts as 2 sts so far there are 20 sts
[color=red]K2[/color] 22 sts
[color=red]K2 tog[/color] now 24 sts
[color=red]K1[/color] now 25 sts
[color=red]Slip 1,[/color] 26 sts
[color=red]K1[/color] now 27 sts
[color=red]PSSO,[/color] counts as 2 sts so far there are 29 sts [color=red]Repeat from * once more[/color]

If repeat it from the * It will be 45 sts

[color=red](P1, K1) 3 times[/color] then wiyh this last step will be 51 sts.

I can’t understand why I exceed the 41 sts :??

Please help me to understand. :verysad:

The pattern also jumps form row 9 to 11 that means that I have to do twice row number 9? I am going to :crying: getting frustate

Hugsss…

You start with 41 stitches.

I think you’re having problems with the sl1, k1, psso. That takes two stitches. You slip one stitch, knit one stitch, and the pass the stitch that you just slipped over the stitch you knit and off the tip of the right needle.

Here’s a video of it.

Also, when they skip from 9 to 11, it means they gave instructions for all the even rows earlier in the pattern, probably.

Thank you, I will try again later and I will late you know.