Need help decreasing a brioche hat

I am hoping someone can explain exactly how i am suppose to decrease this hat.!
Could someone please explain the in parentheses?20190508_062253|900x1200

The pattern is the Novita Brioche hat, smallest size. I am so confused :roll_eyes:

For Dec rnd #1 (3sts + the yo in the middle) is describing the last 4sts on the needle.
(+ the yo) means to k2tog and include the yo so you’re really knitting together 3 loops that are over the needle, 2 knit sts and a yo.

For Dec rnd #2 (3sts + the yo of the last st) describes the last 4sts. It’s more a check that you’ve got the correct sts there at the end of the needle

For Dec rnd #3 (3sts + the yo of the first st) describes the last 4sts. (+the yo) like dec rnd #1 means to k2tog and include the yo so you’re really knitting together 3 loops that are over the needle.

I’ve tried this on the needles and it seems to work. You might try it out on a swatch before working all of the hat sts. It’s a somewhat confusing way to write the pattern but a very pretty hat.

So, 3 sts + the yo in the middle, is the same sts as the k2tog+ yo, slp1 yo? How is that the last 4 sts?
Thank you so much for helping me!

They are calling the 2sts for the k2tog, the yo and the slip one, the 4 sts. What they want you to knit together is 2 of the sts plus the yo.
It seems a little loose regarding the definition of a stitch but it seems to work.

Thank you so much! I was thinking the two different parentheses were different sts. Yes, I am already to that part in the pattern. I am new to brioche.
You are amazing! I don’t know how you know everything, but you sure help a lot of people!

Maybe the pattern is a translation? It isn’t so straightforward.

Thank you. I’m happy that someone can benefit from my mistakes!