MY TWO FRONT TEETH (anybody have crowns there)

Mulder that crown shouldn’t have come off like that and caused that type of problem unless there was decay under the margin. That’s not a normal occurance. It also shouldn’t take a month’s worth of appointments to do an anterior crown unless there is major infection like your tooth. Normally, for a single rooted tooth (anterior) there is the first appointment to clean and debribe the canal, and another appointment to fill the canal and finish it. I worked in dentistry for years until I retired and we had some doozies like your’s but it’s not the norm at all.

I have been a dental hygienist for over 42 years. I agree with your dentist, if you want your 2 front teeth to match you should get them booth done at the same time. Believe me, you’ll be fine and you’ll wonder why you waited so long to do it!

I’ll not go into my whole crown history. The latest thing to happen was that I had the roots of two of them removed and a dental plate made, which actually had 3 dentures on it, one of which replaced a single one I already had. I forget when I got that fitted, but the dentist didn’t give me a mirror with which to look at my new look. When I got out to the car, I couldn’t believe what I saw - the 3 dentures are on either side of a real tooth and are shorter than that tooth. It’s so obvious that they’re not real. I rang to tell them and the soonest they could give me an appointment was at the end of March - a couple of months hence - crowns, dentures, etc. not looking right are not considered a dental emergency. Well, as the date approached and I was counting down the days, I got COVID and had to postpone the appointment. Now the date of the appointment is some time in June. Grrrr! Gillian

2 Likes

So painful in addition to the original problem and the pain in the dentist’s chair. I hope June comes quickly for you and they can easily solve the problem.

Believe it or not, my appointment was today and I got the time wrong! I realized too late. The receptionist was very good about it. She said they would be in touch with a new appointment, which will be sometime in August, which isn’t quite as long to wait as this one.

Gillian

Aghh, that’s one of those awful moments. I hope August comes soon or maybe you can be on a wait list for an earlier appointment?