My First Sweater

FINALLY I finished my first sweater. I promised it to the hubby for Thanksgiving… then Christmas… then mid-January… he finally got to wear it for Valentine’s Day. :cheering:

Very cool! What yarn and pattern did you use?

The yarn was Cascade, Jewel Hand-Dyed, Color #9894. It’s actually a darker green than it appears in the photo. The pattern was a Brunswick pattern, Choice Classics (884), from a friend, which actually shows six neckline choices. Mine is the single neckband pattern.

It’s beautiful!

Beautiful sweater. Great yarn.

You did a great job, chere!

Lando

Congratulations! Knitting a sweater is a lot of work. It looks great!

Yes, it takes more work than I realized… at least for me. I was really excited at first and then I couldn’t wait to get the darn thing done and off the needles! But I LOVE seeing the hubby wearing it and knowing that I knitted all those stitches. xxx
Thank you to everyone who posted a reply–it gives me a warm feeling inside… or maybe it’s the wine I’m drinking!

Great sweater. I love the yarn too. :happydance:

Great job! It’s wonderful!

Awesome–great work!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

It turned out really nice. And your timing was excellent, afterall, a sweater warms the heart and soul :smiley:

that sweater is SO cool
I thought it was grey and white, not green
but I really like it
someday I will be brave enough to try one

ecb

Holy Smokes!! You are good!!
Are you taking orders?

Thanks for the compliments, Webigail! Taking orders?
:roflhard:
No, I don’t think so. I’m sticking to small projects for a little while and who knows if I’ll ever commit to the time for another sweater… takes me a awhile!

:muah: That is lovely!!! You should make him model it for us! :teehee:

Okay, here’s the “lucky guy” who has a wife to knit him a sweater… at least ONE… and many, many scarves.

Wow!!! That is NICE!!!

Beautiful! The first picture makes it look silver! Must husband is silver-haired and has been asking for a silver sweater to make his hair shine. The green is really pretty, however, and looks wonderful on your guy!

Vaporizer Manufacturers

WOW! I wish my first sweater was that good!

Yeah He IS a lucky guy!