My First KAL!--Morse Code Hat

I’ve never participated in a KAL here and I was perusing while thinking up a good present for my friend Mark’s birthday. Bingo baby!

I knit this hat using the Basic Hat Recipe, which was so easy to follow. (I gotta say though, I even made a swatch to follow the recipe and the hat is too big and recommended ribbing too long…oh well).

I made him a pair of Cigar in the same colors for xmas…so winged the pattern on this hat to have coordinating stripe patterns. And then the January KAL Challenge element–Morse Code!–says “M A R K” on the front. Yay! This was fun.

Here’s a mirror pic of it on my head–so it says “K R A M” (heh) and then I tried to take a straight on pic to show the Morse Code.

So it’s: --(M) .-(A) .-.® -.-(K) <—and if that’s not right, don’t tell me! :rofl:

It looks great- and very cool w/ the morse code. I like it!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Great job!!!

Very cool!

Sweet! So creative with the morse code–my hubby would totally get a kick out of that!

That is so cool. Where did you find the morse code symbol chart?

candice

Over on the KAL forum in the thread for the January Challenge–they posted a Morse Code chart for everyone. You can also just Google it and lots pop up.