Mermaid Tail Blanket

I have seen pictures all over the place of these blankets that look like mermaid tails! I think they’re really cool looking but I cannot find any pattern for knitting, they’re all for crochet! So if anyone can help me find a pattern that’s relatively easy, because I’m a beginner, that would be awesome! Thank you!

P.S. I attached some pictures of what I’m looking for :slight_smile:

Welcome to KH. I looked and looked and never came up with a knit pattern that closely resembles the crochet version. I ended up doing a crochet afghan.

Hi Carolyn!

Like GG I haven’t seen a knit version. I do think I have it. In my head how to do it. I started thinking of it when I seen a flat afghan my sister is crocheting. I don’t know as if I would have time to test a pattern right now. I can let you know as soon as I’m able to. What size are you thinking? Baby? Toddler? Preschooler? Gradeschooler? Middleschooler? Highschooler? Adult?

BTW When I write patterns I strive to write an illustrate them so beginners have an enjoyable time with and good results.

Does anyone think this is something others would like? If so, in the round only or flat afghans too?

Oh yeah, this would be very popular. I’ve seen numerous people are looking for one. My afghan was for a teenager. I would consider test knitting your pattern for you but you should know I’m not fantastic with meeting deadlines.

I had some ideas but they all involved too many ends to weave in. There are limits to what I’m willing to do.

Wonderful!!! What I have been working through in my head will not have any extra ends, just the normal start and finish, adding a new skein or color change ends.

I hate deadlines, life is to short. There is an exception when I order craft supplies I want those delivered yesterday. :woot: I’ll try to write out and try the technique I have in mind and if I find it works I’ll see if you are interested in trying the technique. I don’t want to write out the full pattern until I know the basic how to will work. How does that sound?

Fine by me and I’d love to be in on it. I’m still trying to come up with a way to make a scaly-lookimg fish tailed knit thing without a bazillion ends to deal with. I admire people’s ability to make patterns, I can’t do it.

This version seems to have nice texture stitches in the tail and body

That’s a great pattern. I never found that one.

Yes I would be very interested in this, thank you