Meaning of (k1, p1, k1, p1, k1) into 3-yos

Hi! I am knitting a lovely summer bag, but I am stuck at the fourth row, where it says :

(k1, p1, k1, p1, k1) into 3-yos

What does this mean exactly? and how do I do that? I know that three of the stitches that need to be used correspond to previous yarn overs.

Thanks a lot!

You would do k1, p1, into the first YO, k1 into the 2nd and p1, k1 into the 3rd one?

How long is each yo section supposed to be? Do you have a pic of the pattern to see how long that “leg” is supposed to be? And are you supposed to end up with four more stitches or 12 in the next row?

What Sue said, or, from some of the other lace patterns I’ve been swatching recently, it could be:

(k1, p1, k1, p1, k1) WITHOUT slipping the first yo loop from the left needle to the right, until all five stitches are done on the loop – when you’ve made all five stitches into the first yo, slip the yo off the left needle to the right needle, then repeat in the next yo until you’ve done all three yo loops. (You’re basically knotting the active thread around the base thread.)

Sorry if this isn’t very coherent, I’m in bed sick today…

I don’t think you’re making 5 sts into each of the 3 YOs, just 5 over the 3 for an increase of 2 stitches.

The easiest thing I’ve found is to drop off a leg so that you’ve got one large YO, then K1, Yo, K1, Yo, K1, all into that one large yo. Seems to come out alot smoother, too. MMario has to get credit for this suggestion!