Malabrigo Sleeveless Turtleneck- PATTERN NOW AVAILABLE!

So there I was with 3 skeins of Malabrigo. I thought I might go tank top, but I really wanted to enjoy the feel of this yarn on my neck, so I decided to go sleeveless turtleneck. I looked at the general construction of one from Vogue On the Go! Weekend Knits, but it was a little boring. So I swatched to find out my gauge, added some basic cables on the front and back, and used a lace pattern from Stitchionary. This is what I came up with. It’s got some flaws that I think I know how to correct for next time, but overall I’m really happy with it.

ETA: The pattern is available for download now at http://knitensity.blogspot.com/2006/10/my-patterns.html I know, I know, the picture makes me seem so self-centered gazing into distance with soft eyes :rofl: I was ready to chop off my head, but the photographer hates headless photos.

:notworthy: :thud:

Stunning! I bet you can sell that pattern and make a bunch of pretty pennies!

Stunning!! It looks wonderful on you, too. Great job! :cheering: :cheering:

That’s beautiful! :cheering:

I am dyeing to make a sweater from malabrigo but I can’t afford it right now maybe I could do something like that it is so pretty!! :heart:

I love how the lace pattern mimics the cable pattern. Very pretty. mmmmmm…malabrigo :teehee:

you think so? actually, i have the pattern as i wrote it down as I was going along. as i said, there are a couple of things i would change, not decrease as much for the waist shaping and make the cables slightly looser. but it’s possible for me to write it up today. hmm. maybe i will!

thanks you guys. :muah:

That is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous and I would buy that pattern in a heartbeat. PLEASE write it up!!

I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: it!

:inlove:

This looks fantastic - DEFINITELY calls for a write-up! You are a great designer!

:notworthy: :cheering: OMG that is AMAZING!!! :notworthy: :cheering: Flaws? What flaws :?? It’s just BEA-U-TI-FUL :heart: :inlove:

Nadja xxx

ditto on what everyone else said. it’s just amazing. and that’s such a nice shade of blue!

Wow!!! That is gorgeous!! :notworthy:

That is beautiful!!! :heart: :heart:

Wow, you should be designing knits for a living! That is one fabulous sweater!

That is absolutely gorgeous!

WOW! What a great job you did!!

I second that!! :notworthy: Beautiful!

:passedout: :drool: :drool: :drool: this is amazing!!! I loveeee it! great job!! anddddd its malabrigo!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Absolutely gorgeous! Looks great on you :cheering:

:heart: Gorgeous!!