Making bobbles without turning to the back?

I’ve read most of the posts here about bobbles. My pattern doesn’t seem to use any of the instructions in them. The pattern is Row 1 Purl
Row 2 p2, bbl inc. repeat to end of row
Row 3 Purl
Row 4 p2, bbl dec. repeat to end of row

The pattern for the bbl inc is p1, yo,p1, yo, p1 in same stitch; for the bbl dec it’s with yarn in front slip 2 stitches knitwise, k3tog, pass 2 slipped stitches over knit stitch.
Nowhere does it say to turn the fabric over and knit into the back of the bobble stitch.
Am I reading this wrong?
Thanks a lot.

Kris,

I have never seen this done, but what a good idea. You are doing bobbles all across the row and so instead of doing each bobble separately and having to turn (as you mentioned), it does the increases all on one row (row 2) and then you just purl back over the whole row (so you did turn, but all a once :muah: ), effectively doing all the turns in one fell swoop (row 3). Then you do the decreases all on row 4 and viola, a whole row of bobbles. I tried it and it works very nicely. I love this and will have to remember it for later use. I never cease to be amazed how much I learn about knitting. Just about every day I learn something new. Thanks for your question.

Merigold

There are different ways to do bobbles and pips (little bobbles). You don’t always have to turn and rework the stitches.