Looking for Discontinued Yarns

Greetings! This is my first post in a blog ever. I hope I’m doing it right. I am looking to purchase 2 discontinued yarns:

Crystal Palace 100% Pima Cotton Flamme
Knit Picks Pima Cotton Special Reserve (100% Pima Cotton Flammé)

Also, websites to search for these yarns would be very helpful. I’ve looked everywhere online that I can think of for days and haven’t found anything.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome!
Have you tried Ravelry? Here’s a search for the Crystal Palace yarn. On the right you can see a link to stashes of this yarn and you can try sending a message to owners. The default for stashes is “not for sale” so even some yarns so marked may be available.
http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/crystal-palace-yarns-cotton-flamme

Thank you! You know I did look at Ravelry, but I didn’t know how to search so I didn’t find anything. What does traded/Gifted mean?

Apparently it means it was gifted to someone or traded to someone for something else. I wasn’t sure so I had to look kit up on Ravelry. Here’s a post I found about it.
http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/for-the-love-of-ravelry/2233563/1-25

Thank you. It seems I need to learn the ins and outs of Ravelry.

There is so much it’s hard to know it all. My LYS has actually been having Ravelry classes! I haven’t gone because I am happy with what I do. I’m not interested in put my stash on my page at this point. Maybe some day. :teehee:

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

Does that mean I need to have a picture of the yarn and website to locate it?

No. That’s generally meant for patterns because there are so many we can’t know what they all look like and some designers are from different countries.

It does help when asking about yarn to give us the brand and named as well as weight. Like “Plymouth Encore DK” for instance instead of just saying Plymouth because they make a lot of yarns. If you are asking about substitutes it helps to give the name, gauge and weight so we can look it up.

Giving this info and links at the start helps us give you answers more quickly without having to clarify. :slight_smile:

I love this website! With all your help I found an abundance of Crystal Palace 100% Pima Cotton Flamme yarn. Thank you all for answering my call.

I just noticed this was in the blog forum. Are you intending to keep up a blog thread? If it was just a question only then it’s in the wrong forum and I can move it. I wondered why it wasn’t answered by more people. Not that many use this forum, but the other sections are busy. :wink: