Lion brand yarn and pattern

Hi I have a question about knitting a throw from a lion brand pattern. The pattern calls for size 11 needles and 7 balls of wool ease thick and cast on 84 st. My question is I want to use my size 13 needles would I need more or less yarn. Thanks:)

you would probably need more yarn…what’s the pattern you’re planning on using can you post a link for it?

You might need more if you CO the same number of sts, but if you cast on fewer to make it the same size, you’d probably need about the same, maybe 1 less.

[B]Skill Level:[/B][B] [U][COLOR=#0066cc]Beginner
[/COLOR][/U]
Size: [/B]One Size
[B]Craft: [/B]Knit
[B]Corrections: [/B]None
[B]Pattern #[/B]: 70380AD

[B]Customer Rating:[/B]
[U][COLOR=#0066cc]5.0 (based on 8 reviews)[/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#0066cc]Write your own review[/COLOR][/U][B]Materials:[/B]
[B]·[/B] 7 balls640-178 Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick Yarn: Cilantro [B]·[/B]1 Lion Brand Knitting Needles Size 11 [8 mm][B]·[/B]1 Large-Eye Blunt Needles (

[B]Skill Level:[/B][B] [COLOR=#965835]Beginner
[/COLOR]
Size: [/B]One Size
[B]Craft: [/B]Knit
[B]Corrections: [/B]None
[B]Pattern #[/B]: 70380AD

[B]Customer Rating:[/B]
[COLOR=#5e3219]5.0 (based on 8 reviews)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#965835]Write your own review[/COLOR][B]Materials:[/B]
[B]·[/B] 7 balls640-178 Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick Yarn: Cilantro [B]·[/B]1 Lion Brand Knitting Needles Size 11 [8 mm][B]·[/B]1 Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Thanks I went to the lion brand web site and the pattern is called plush throw number 70380AD using wool ease thick and quick.

I didn’t mean to add all this sorry.:aww:

All you need to copy is the url in the Address bar - http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70380AD.html

See where it says - [B]GAUGE:[/B]9 stitches = 4 in. (10 cm) in Garter stitch (knit every row)? When you use size 11s and get 9 sts in 4", the 84 CO sts will come out to 38" wide. If you use the larger needles and CO 84 sts, it will probably be a little wider like 42". If that’s okay, then you may need an extra skein. If you want to CO say 76 sts, then it’ll be about 38" wide and maybe use a skein less. It’s really hard to say how much more or less yarn a larger size needle will use though.

:slight_smile: Thanks again for everyones input this site is awsome:heart: