KP Andean Silk

Has anyone tried it? Easy to work with? Pilly at all? Would it be too warm for a Cozy for a Floridian? Although they don’t exactly have the neutral color I’d want, but cream would be close enough I guess. It certainly would be in my budget more than the original Reynolds Mandalay it calls for. I’ve been looking for other 100% silks, but none are in my budget.

I thought it was woooonderful to work with, but I couldn’t tell you if it pills, because I gave away the thing I knit with it. :smiley:

Thanks for the input Julie! What did you make with it?

I just saw Webs has a sale on Casade Pima Silk, 85% cotton, 15% silk, verrrrrrry tempted! LOL

I made Tubey from Knitty with it. I’ve only worn it three or four times, but no pilling yet. It’s VERY warm, though.

Being alpaca, that’s what I was afraid of, Cate, so thanks for the info!

I just went with the Pima Silk in Natural, being on sale and all… y’know how it is. :wink:

:smiley: Pima Silk sounds just too yummy…I can’t wait to see your Cozy :thumbsup:

mmmmm…pima silk…

I made a baby sweater with it. I know, bad me, it’s not machine washable…but it was so cushy and soft I couldn’t resist! :smiley:

I’m making a tank top using the Cascade Pima Silk and it is fabulous to work with. I was thinking of ordering more from Webs and making a sweater with it.

kristen, i have started a cozy with it and i just LOVE the yarn, (pics at blog somewhere amongst the mess). no input on pilling, of course, but with the andean silk and size 9s (had to go up to 9 to get gauge) it is lacy even before blocking so maybe okay for florida?

ok, the blog really is a mess, here’s a close-up shot to save you the trouble. :wink:

would you mind showing off your tubey? id like to see it in this yarn.

thanks!

Sure! Sorry for anyone who’s seen these a million times.

its gorgeous! i love your color scheme!

i cant wait to start my very first sweater. im doing a halter and a lace scarf first.