Knitting Stitch Pattern Books

With Christmas coming up I have asked, as always, for money (I can never decide what I want!). What I would like to buy with some of the money is one good (or maybe two) knitting stitch pattern books. I have some of the old Harmony ones but I am looking for more. Ideally I like to knit in the round so it either has to contain stitch patterns suitable for knitting in the round or easily converted and I prefer written instructions (but again if they are in chart form I can just type them out). In a ‘proper’ book format or ebook, I don’t mind which. What are people’s ‘go to’ books?

Barbara Walker’s stitch dictionary is a classic. I like Maria Parr-Jones Knitting Stitch Bible.
I also go to the Knittingfool site because of the ease of sorting out patterns.
http://www.knittingfool.com/Pages/Stitches.aspx

As long as you recognize the stitch count, any of these stitch patterns can be used in the round.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s great :blush:

Alter Knit stitch dictionary is great for modern colourwork patterns, and the Japanese knitting stitch bible by hitomi shida is lovely too!

3 Likes

I have Alter Knit and would also recommend it! Also Barbara Walker’s books, but I think hers can be hard to get hold of.

1 Like

Knitting in Circles: 100 Circular Patterns for Sweaters, Bags, Hats, Afghans, and More…Nicky Epstein

Thank you for all your suggestions. For now I have downloaded the Knit Stitch Pattern Handbook by Melissa Leapman as an ebook and just from a quick look through I have found at least 5 beautiful patterns! I will keep all your other suggestions on my shopping list :blush: