Knitting Sleeves?

Does anyone know what I mean when I say I want to knit “thumbhole sleeves”. Alot of girls used to wear them. They are unattached to the shirt, tight on the arm, and have a hole for the thumb to go through. I saw a place selling hand knitted ones and wanted to make some myself but have no idea where to start. Any help?

I think you mean arm warmers or gauntlets You can find many patterns for them on the web by googling the phrase gauntlets or arm warmers. I am adding a link to Lion Brand Yarn’s website that shows how to knit them: