Knitting pattern help

patterns

Hi iam a beginner having a problem it might seem silly but i do not understand a part of my knitting pattern .1st -7th rows knit.
8th row purl i know how to do that part
Those 8 rows form the pattern .
This next bit iam stuck on
16 rows straight then increasing 1 st at each end of next and every following 8th row until there are 101 sts
Any help please
Thanks krissy

If it is a free pattern, could you put up a link to the pattern so we are able to look at it?

No its one that a friend gave me from out of a magazine so not sure about copy rights . could i write the bit of pattern out from the rib

Hi Krissy, you work the pattern repeat of [knit 7 rows,purl the 8th row] twice more then, on the following row (pattern row 1) you increase at the beginning and at the end of this row only. Work the rest of the pattern repeat to the purl row then on the following row (pattern row 1) increase 1 st each end again. You keep repeating this until you have 101 sts on your needles.
Hope this helps, enjoy your knitting.
Linda

Hi Linda , thankyou that now makes sense to me now .

Thanks , sorry it may sound silly but i increase on the knit row not the 8 the purl is that correct .

Hi Krissy, That’s right. You increase on pattern row 1 ,which is a knit row :grinning:

Thank you
I am still learning the art of knitting and pattern reading .
Just like to say that you and this group are a great help thankyou to all .