Knitted Sqaure

Hi Folks: I got this pattern either here online somewhere (can’t remember) it is for a knitted square my problem is, is there more to this pattern?? Like decreasing at some point, I can’t get my head around the fact that this will end up in a square if you don’t decrease?
Thanks Diane :hug:

Here’s the pattern:
[FONT=&quot]Using worsted weight cotton yarn (Lion Kitchen Cotton or Sugar and Cream) and a pair of size 7 knitting needles, CO 3 sts.

Row 1: K1, YO, K1, YO, K1.

Row 2: K across.

Row 3: K2, YO, K1, YO, K2.

Row 4: K across.

Row 5: K3, YO, K1, YO, K3.

Row 6: K across.

Continue knitting alternate rows of increasing (YO before and after the center stitch) and plain knit until you have 63 stitches on the needle (or you have only 1-1 1/2 yards of yarn left, or the side of the square measures your desired size). Bind off.[/FONT]

I’m not positive - but that might bend back on itslef so that you could seam on the diagonal and have a mitered square.

Looks like it’s knitted from one corner to the next and at some point you will start decreasing. I don’t think the pattern is complete from the instructions you show. After you reach the 63 sts, it should then let you decrease back down to the original 3 sts. A mitered square has decreases in the center and would read something like: K30, sl1,K2tog, psso, K30 or K21, sl1, K2tog, psso, K21 (this is just an example)

okay - I meant “reverse mitered” - instead of starting with long cast on and decreasing at the center down to nada, start with nada and increase at center until have the long (bent) edge.