Knit into front and back of stitch?

Hi, first post…love this site! I figured out bobbles thanks to the video.

What in the world does “knit into front and back of each stitch” mean? (and why doesn’t the book define it in its list of stitches?)

Many thanks & happy knitting,

Here is the link to the increases page. There is a video of a KFB about a quarter of the way down the page. It will show you how to do this.

The book probably doesn’t define it because its a relatively common knitting term. Your book probably assumes that you know what it means already.

Its also referred to as a bar increase so your book may have it under that name.

Which book are you referring to?

Thank you! So helpful. The book is Pretty Knits by Susan Cropper. And aha! there it is in the back of the book, under “increases.” I couldn’t find it anywhere yesterday, but I don’t think I even looked under increases. Knitting is so interesting…

Thanks again…I think the hardest part of knitting is reading a new pattern & then figuring out all these stitches! Some of them are so easy, and yet.

Anyway, I appreciate the help!