Knit bobble

I am knitting a sweater that has bobbles on the reverse stockinette side…starting the bobble is simple…just knit into the front and back of the same stitch twice, then knit into front again…my problem is ending it! The directions say: “bind off the first 4 stitches over the fifth stitch one by one, beginning with the nearest”…when I bind off in the normal way, it leaves a big hole…not certain what I should do. Any help appreciated!:mrgreen:

Well…bobbles kind of make holes. On Ravelry people were discussing how they dealt with the holes and I had saved some of the ideas so I went and looked at them, thinking of helping you. But I didn’t find any of the things that worked for me. LOL

One person said on the next row when you came to the hole that they picked up a stitch and knitted it together with the stitch on the needle on one side of the hole and picked one up and did a SSK with the stitch on the needle on the other side. That one sounded like it had some promise, and may work, but I didn’t have very good success with my tiny swatch.

The directions say: “bind off the first 4 stitches over the fifth stitch one by one, beginning with the nearest”…when I bind off in the normal way, it leaves a big hole…
You are probably doing it right, but you don’t really bind off in “the normal way”. You have the stitch closest to the tip of the needle, you lift the one next to it off over the end stitch, then lift the next one in line over it, etc. until you have lifted all the bobble stitches off over the stitch that was nearest to the needle tip. Just in case you were doing something different than that…but doing it right will still make a hole.

I usually just work tightly on the next row into the stitches right at and around the bobble and that seems to help.

Thanks you, thank you! So appreciate your quick response…I’ll try what you suggested…thanks again.:muah: