KFK is back from the dead

:cheering: :cheering:

A knitty field trip!! The bestest kind!! I’m glad your knitting group is a good fit for you!

Heehee I shaved 6 hours off my knitting time since the last ball - I just finsihed it and am starting on the next to last ball of yarn for the blanket :happydance:

I don’t have OCD or anything!!

:roflhard:

I started the day reading a very cool book I just got from amazon used books - by Tarthang Tulku, one of my favorite buddhist authors. It is called Mastering Successful Work and its the sequel to my original favorite, Skillful Means. For me it is basically refreshing and re-motivating me to do what I have set out to do. I’m still in an awful quandary about the job, and I haven’t even been called for an interview yet! Talk about unnecessary worry!

Now for a cup of tea and plug-in to my earphones for disc 4 of Eyre Affair

:heart: Heaven! Its thundering and soon hopefully will be raining - what a perfect day! Oh, did I mention my volunteer tomato plant? And a couple new plants I thought were more canteloupes (or whatever these thingies are) but these are new - SMALL yellow flowers instead of GIMUNGOUS yellow flowers that the others have. My garden is loving this rain!

:pray:

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: RAIN!!!

Today is a good day :sunny:

The hat is now 3.5" long and I’m liken’ how it looks. Jack is givng me a tummy massage - good thing I have about 4 layers of material between us! :shock:

I figured out how I’m gonna do it - tomorrow I’m gonna color my hair myself. I haven’t ever done it MYSELF before, but I think I care more about keeping my white streak white than the hairdresser does, so I might as well try it on my own. after my arms recover I’m planning to trim my hair again too. Its hard holding your arms in the air for these things! I am a recovering WUSS.

Its really gorgeous out - BLUE sky and GREEN leaves :cheering:

bye for now! More later!

Guess what I just did? I signed up for a private Kung Fu lesson at 4:30 today! :shock: :shock: :shock:

What was I thinking? :rollseyes:

One of my Qi Gong classmates has 10 years on me, and some physical challenges, and SHE does King Fu, so I should be able to make it through a beginner lesson :oops:

Off to walk the dog before it starts raining, then back to :XX:

Well i colored my hair :slight_smile: Its got some pretty caramel-colored streaks now - I didn’t know it would turn out like that, I just wanted to color more of my white streak, and the color I used is lighter than what the hairdresser used. The box said go with lighter rather than darker!

I may end up keeping it like this - even - gasp - coloring the streak, since it comes out lighter than the rest of my hair… We’ll see!

I am soooo relaxing right now, with a pot of tea, a cool breeze blowing in the door, Holly on my lap and Jim on the couch working on his laptop. I swear its a good thing he can do his work at home or I’d never see him - he works about 10 hour days 7 days a week. He’s revising a web class at the moment and they have a new system, so he has to learn that as well as update the class.

Last night I got a ton done on the hat for Kathy. We watched one of the Harry Potter movies :inlove:

I had thought I would finish the knitting part of the hat, and put it together tomorrow - needs sewing and pompom. But I am MISSING my SOCKS that I haven’t picked up for weeks, so I now grant myself permission to switch and thoroughly enjoy them. I wonder how far I can get tonight??

If I am in a hat mood tomorrow i can finish the whole thing then, not much left really.

Speaking of socks, I joined sock wars :cheering: That is pretty funny since I have only completed one pair so far. HOWEVER it is for the joy of the thing, and the competition jazzes me!

I had fun at Kung Fu, and think I will sign up for the Monday night class. WooHoo!
:thumbsup:

Well it seems my rate of speed for these socks is a half an inch an hour :shock: Got 1" done with 2 hrs of straight knitting.

At that rate it will take me 4 hours to get to the place where the heel needs to be turned! Garsh. After the heel it seems like the last pair did not take too long…

Just ordered a loooong addi turbo (47") in size 2 for using magic loop method, and 2 balls each of 2 different sock yarns, all from elann. I was a bit disappointed in the selection but I wanted to order the yarn and needles from the same place to cut down on shipping. Also since its a discount place I guess that explains the selection. I really wanted to order memories sock yarn from KP but since they did not have a long enough circ it didn’t work out.

You’ve been busy!!

Kung Fu?! Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Please take a photo of your hair–after the wonderful job you did cutting it, I can’t wait to see how you’ve done coloring it!

Some socks I can whip out in no time, but others take forever. And it’s not just the weight yarn I’m using, either. I haven’t figured out what makes some go slowly (yes, 1/2 inch per hour for me, too!) and some not (3 inches per hour at least). Perhaps it’s our state of mind at the time? Or our reflexes? It is a knitting mystery!

My son lives and breathes Kung Fu. He feels it has changed his life. He’s certainly healthier and more focused than he’s ever been. Calmer, too.

I’ve had projects like that, too. No matter how many rows you’ve knit between measuring, it’s still only grown 1/4 or an inch. :rollseyes:

And really cute! Oh wait…Kung Fu probably didn’t do that… :wink:

The people I’ve known who’ve studied martial arts for the right reasons (not just to learn to ‘fight’ :rollseyes: ) are always so centered and have excellent well-being.

It may not have made him ‘cuter,’ but I half wish I could have gotten a picture with his shirt off. Only half-wish because I am is mother, after all. :wink: There are body builder guys at work and they look so phony and bulked up. Will’s muscles are very well defined–efficient. It’s nice to see a child of mine in such good shape. I’ll need someone to take care of me in my old age. :wink:

I wish you could have gotten a picture of him with his shirt off, too… :shifty:

And how wonderful that your concern for his fitness isn’t selfish! :rofling:

You’re right about how toned martial artists are. Body builders are just nasty looking to me–blech! I like sleeeeeeek men! The Greek ideal! :inlove:

Kung fu for an old fartina like me probably won’t give the sleek results it has for your son :smiley:
However, I can hope! I’m making myself have the guts to do it, because then the true confidence is more likely to follow. Otherwise i will remain a wuss!

i will wait on the pic of the hair color - in the light of day I see there is still a line where my roots were. The color I chose just isn’t dark enough - I left it on 20 mins, which is maximum allowed. So today I may run out and buy a box of the next darker shade.

Went to Zen this morning and after that to farmer’s market, which we have here on Sundays during summer. Got some nice tomatoes for our salad today -OH the BIG news is, we harvested our first lettuce! :cheering:

That is our first ANYTHING so far this season- it was great! Hardly any bites taken out by the little critters. We ate the whole big head between us for lunch, with organic salami, asiago cheese, tomatoes and cukes :inlove:

Onward and upward
:thumbsup:

Mmmmm…that salad sounds yummy!! I haven’t had truly fresh lettuce since I was a kid!

Too bad about your haircolor! Adding highlights is a tricky business. I hope the next go works better!

Yum, that lunch sounds so good. We didn’t plant any lettuce this year. Last year the rabbits and groudhogs ate almost all of it. This year, they ate the peas. :rollseyes: We have a ton of cucumbers and squash, and will shortly have a tremendous amount of tomatoes!! :smiley:

I lost my darning needle! Um, er, DARN!

So I WOULD have finished K’s hat tonight, but I can’t sew up the top. It is complete except for that. So instead I will work on the blanket and watch another Poirot from Amazon with DH. We found a couple episodes we didn’t already have - yay!

You would not believe it - it’s 62* here! :shock: After another deluge - I’m wondering if we qualify as no longer in a drought now? We had such a deficit that this may not have brought us even yet.

Bought a new box of haircolor, one shade darker, and will call their helpline tomorrow to make sure you don’t have to wait or something between colorings. Its not terrible or anything, so no big rush. It would be funny though if they called me for an interview before I get it right :roflhard:
No honestly if the job depends on great hair, then I’m not the right candidate!
:rofling:

Margie you sound like an experienced gardener! Your veggies sound great. We have peas from seed that comes from Taos, NM - another high elevation area with climate like ours. They have grown really tall and are just flowering this week. I have no idea how long it takes them to make pea pods after they flower. We don’t seem to have rabbits on our street but I have seen them at the far end of the neighborhood. We have both deer and elk though! No fences allowed here so they roam. I think they are the reason my new currant bushes never seem to get any taller. Although deer aren’t supposed to like currant bushes. :shock:

I definitely have experience in gardening, but that hasn’t neccesarily translated into expertise… :wink: I love to have a vegetable garden. DH and I had one at my parent’s house before we had our own, and now we plant one at our house every year. This year we don’t have quite as much as we usually do. We have tomatoes, peppers, cantaloupe, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, and peas. We usually have potatoes and green beans also, but they just never got in this year. A shame since those are two of my favorites. I love digging up potatoes- it’s like digging up buried treasure!

Good luck with the hair color!!

Just called Clairol helpline - glad I did - the operator told me I could have ended up with black hair if I just used the next shade up! :shock:

She said how to mix the colors to get what I want - that’s pretty cool! :figureditout:

Gotta wait til tomorrow though, since I just shampood this morning.

Ok gave in and took a pic of the interim hair, mainly because I could show off the sweater I knitted awhile back :slight_smile:

So that tells you that it is CHILLY here, if I can wear that sweater today! Also the orange in the sweater complements the red tones in the bangs.

Lovely!!! :inlove: :inlove:

:thumbsup:

I wish it were cool enough here to wear sweaters, or any kind of clothing, actually. :frowning: