KFB-am I doing it right?

Hi there,

So now that I got my weird backwards knitting problem sorted out, I’m back with a vengeance! I’m trying the very first pattern in Lesley Stanfields book “100 flowers to knit and crochet” and I’m not sure that I’m reading this right.

1. Cast on 7 st. [Fine]
  2. K. [Fine]
  3. Kfb, k to last 2 sts, kfb, k1. 9sts.

I’ve watched some videos online so I think I’m doing the kfb thing right (is it this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILcTB5hc0XM ?)

Follow me here…
Originally there are 7 stitches:
1 kfb ==>becomes 2 stitches
2 k ==>becomes 1 stitch
3 kfb ==>becomes 2 stitches
4 k ==>becomes 1 stitch
5 kfb ==>becomes 2 stitches

Okay this now leaves two stitches, but I couldn’t kfb, k evenly because it’s an odd number of stitches. Then if I kfb again I have that right next to another number of stitches (which is fine but it’s still unclear) and in any case I won’t end up with nine stitches. Or is that last nine stitches note even about counting how many rows I should have? Is any of that clear? I know it sounds simple but I feel like I’m losing my mind :smiley: :woohoo:

Any help you can offer would be lovely!
thanks,
kat

OHHH I think I just realised what I’m doing wrong. I’m not repeating kfb k, am I? Just kfb the first time then k to the last 2 stitches, then kfb, then 1. OH. Sorry ladies, makes sense now :smiley:

That’s right, just do it at each edge, not all the way across. The kfb uses one stitch to become 2, so you’re increasing by 2 sts on row 2.