Jenny Watson designs

I need some pattern help. With right side facing work on rem 24 sts slip 10 sts on to a stitch holder rejoin yarn to rem 14 sts knit to end . The next row is purl.
Work 4 rows dec 1 st at neck edge in every row (12sts) work 4 rows dec 1 st at neck edge in next in next and foll alt row 10 sts
Work 9 rows dec 1 st at neck edge in next and every foll 4 th row 7 sts

Where do I use the stitches on stitch holder?:knitting:

Having not read the full pattern, and not knowing a) if it’s for a child or an adult and, b) if it’s a cardi or pullover, or c) where you are in the pattern on it’s kind of hard to say.

If I had to guess, I’d say those 10 sts on the holder could be either an armhole/part of an armhole or part of the neckline, depending on some of the things above.

Do you have a picture or pattern you can link to? That will really help out when the experts chime in. :slight_smile:

At some point later in the pattern, it should tell you when you use them. Do you have a link to the pattern? What piece are you making?

Keep reading to the end. . .those 10 stitches have to be used somewhere!:think:

Sounds like part of the neck on a sweater front. Check under the collar or neckband instructions near the end of the pattern or under Finishing.

It may be a mistake in copying but the stitches don’t add up for the decreases as written: "With right side facing work on rem 24 sts slip 10 sts on to a stitch holder rejoin yarn to [I]rem 14 sts [/I]knit to end . The next row is purl. [I]Work 4 rows dec 1 st at neck edge in every row (12sts)[/I]"
If you have 14sts and dec one st in every row over the next 4 rows, you should end with 10sts not 12. Maybe it’s dec at neck edge on the RS rows only (that is, every other row)?

Cont without shaping until armhole measures 43/4 in then cast off is the last paragraph that I did not include I don’t know about those 10 stitches

Forget me knot pattern and thank you the 10 stitches is for neck band

So glad your 10 sts have found their home!:woot: