Jacqueline olsen adams rib sweater pattern

:?? i am trying to figure out this pattern. Amazing Threads is under new ownership and the gal i spoke to did not knit. I am confused by row 12-the ragland increase row. has anyone out there complete this sweater…

If you give the directions for the row that’s confusing you, we probably can help.

thank you…thank you…she has you place markers on round 11-we are hiding wraps at that point. i have 80 sts on needles. raglan increase is:
k1, k f/b nest st, m1 in running thread, k1, m1 in running thread, p b/f of next st (k2,p2) x 4; ^k1, k f/b next st, m1 in running thread, k1, m1 running thread, p b/f of next st^ rep between ^^once,(p2,k2) x2; repeat from * at beginning of round;repeat between ** once. what you have done is increase an entire rib on both sides of the raglan increase. i am assuming that the markers are raglan indications. and if you do this row as she states you cover the 80 sts. rounds 13-15-17 are rep of pattern row 2 . 14-16 is a rep of pattern row 1. Then you repeat row 12 (increase row) I believe this increase should take place before & after ea raglan line and you would continue the patter balance of row

the next paragraph reads repeat 12 thru 17 until a total of 12 (14) inc rnds have been worked, having 2 more ribs(the k1,p2 k1 sections) between the increases the *k1, k in front…*sections)

k1, k f/b nest st, m1 in running thread, k1, m1 in running thread, p b/f of next st (k2,p2) x 4; ^k1, k f/b next st, m1 in running thread, k1, m1 running thread, p b/f of next st^ rep between ^^once,(p2,k2) x2; repeat from * at beginning of round;repeat between ** once. what you have done is increase an entire rib on both sides of the raglan increase. i am assuming that the markers are raglan indications. and if you do this row as she states you cover the 80 sts. rounds 13-15-17 are rep of pattern row 2 . 14-16 is a rep of pattern row 1. Then you repeat row 12 (increase row) I believe this increase should take place before & after ea raglan line and you would continue the patter balance of row

It sounds like you have the right idea for where you need to do the increases. Are you having trouble actually doing the increase row?

:?? I have set this aside as it is not doing what it should…I have had 3 teachers look at this…maybe in the future i will revisit this pattern. It should not be difficult to do…thank you…

A knitbud threw in the towel at row 12 of Jacqueline Olsen’s Adam’s Rib and I took up the challenge…despite writing out the whole line and graphing the directions, it just wouldn’t work…then I just tried to figure out what must happen…

For Row 12 try: K1, KF&B, M1, K1, M1, PB&F, (K2,P2) to last 4 sts, KF&B, M1, K1, M1,PB&F, K1

This places an increase in pattern either side of the marker and continues raglan edge…IT WORKS!..
knitwit1