Interchangeable Needles

Hey folks!

I’m am on the hunt for a GOOD set of interchangeable needles. I’ve watched a multitude of review videos and done just as much reading and it seems the Chiaogoo Twists are the ones I should be going for. That said, I just thought I’d ask you all for your recommendations before I spent a small fortune! :grin:

I can personally recommend Denise interchangeables I got mine from Ebay maybe six years ago. They come with a lifetime warranty that they honor. You can purchase individual pieces to build a custom set. I was given a set of twist type interchangeables and find they untwist as I work. Hope this helps.

Do the Denise brand make more than one kind . I bought my daughter a set of plastic ones when she was 8 and they work fine but we both like wood better now and the cords a fairly think I don’t think you could magic loop socks on them.
I like the cords on addi but think they are in the 300 price range for sets

Here’s a post about interchangeable needles with flexible cords that may help:

If you haven’t purchased your new set yet, I would also recommend the Denise interchangeable’s. I bought my set on this site and I love them. My first set was the Boye set, they are still new and hardly used at all. The second set I bought was a knitters pride set also from this site. The cables are very flexible but the needles are all silver and I can’t read the sizes plus they have the screw ends and I could never get them tight enough. With the Denise set I do everything from flat work, in the round, and magic loop. They don’t hurt my arthritic hands, they are easy to change cables, they are smooth but not so slippery you always drop stitches, they don’t reflect blinding light that makes it hard to see the stitches on the needles, and you can add other sizes of needles and cables without having to buy a full set. I also have an Addi bamboo set that I really like but hardly use because my hands are just so weak attaching and detaching the cable is frustrating. When I am making socks I prefer the Addi sock rockets. Needless to say… I have too many knitting needles, please don’t tell my husband. hahaha. It just took awhile to find my comfort zone.
Hope this helps and good luck!
GG

I am new to knitting and have a set of Denise needles. I like them very much. I had trouble with magic loop on them, but I do think that once I get more experienced, I’ll have better results. I was about to purchase an entire set of knitters pride needles for magic looping, but decided to try the denise flex dpn needles for knitting small round projects. Within minutes of opening the package, I was knitting socks in the round with no problem at all.(and regular dpns had me in a panic attack​:joy:) I love them and will stick with with Denise.:grin:

I have a few of the knitters pride interchangables(laminated wood) and the cords are thin and flexible. I have not had any trouble with them detaching while knitting. They are good needles. My local hobby lobby sells them individually. You could buy one size to see how you like them before buying a large set.

I have a lot to learn, but that’s my current thoughts.

Hth,

Penny

Try making the Denise needles a lot longer than you need when learning to do magic loop, then as you get more confident you can use a shorter needle.