Ice Road Truckers

Let me first admit that I’m a huge fan of Deadliest Catch so when this show came out I thought they were trying to hard to be like my favorite show only without the ornery fisherman.

Ice Road Truckers has got to be one of my favorite shows to watch while knitting. It makes me want to knit wool while it’s 95 outside! I could live without all of the reinactments of trucks falling through the ice but these guys have got me watching to see what happens next.

Maybe I’m just a sucker for Canadian accents since I live so close to the border.

Am I the only one?

I love the show…
I am also a Deadliest catch fan. So I could not wait for Trucker to come on. I love the hear them talk. I am from the south so it is nice to hear some one else talk with an accent.

I love it when the “new timer young guy” is on camera… He is so cute.

Me and hubby like to watch this show also. I still can’t get over the fact that they are driving over ICE! My brother is a truck driver so I had to call him to see if he had seen this and of course he had.

I can’t believe you posted this! I was just thinking this morning of putting something up about it :slight_smile: My favorite driver is Alex. I sure hope we don’t see anything terrible happen to any of these guys!

It’s funny the different things we have in common. Hubby and I really are enjoying this show. I always end up wrapped in a blanket before it’s over with - I swear it makes the temperature in the house drop!!

My father was a truck-driver for over 40 years. I wish he was around to watch this with us!!

I also watch Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers. There was a show on Discovery about lobster fishermen, but it was nowhere near as interesting as Deadliest Catch.

My favorite is Alex but I like Jay as well. I was close to tears when his baby girl was in the hospital.

Is it just me or do you want to just smack Rick sometimes? He’s got a complaint about every driver! He even complained that Jay didn’t know what he was doing - and he does the giant loads!

Everytime they talk about how cold it is I just keep thinking “Hold on honey, I’ll make you a warm scarf super quick!”

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]I enjoy both, too.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]I remember driving across the river ( Saint Croix) to work in the winter… Big short cut…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]Not as many miles as these guys drive on the ice though…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yep, I agree about Rick - he’s too big for his britches!

I really like Jay, too. And TJ - I record them and haven’t seen the latest episode - I won’t read anymore here until I watch it tonite. I hope TJ didn’t have to go home.

Yep, these two show are up there with me too.

I work for a trucking company in WI, and truck drivers are very interesting guys and gals. Different as night and day. So watching that show it more interesting to me.

If I was ever stuck out on a road and needed help, I would welcome a truck driver to help me anyday.

Marilynn

[B]Miss Kitty:[/B] Would you happen to be talking about the [I]same[/I] St.Croix river dividing Minnesota & Wisconsin? I grew up in Stillwater, Minnesota. As a teenager, the fozen river was the [I]place[/I] to hang out during the winter. I too watch Ice Road Truckers, but my heart belongs to Capt. Johnathan and the Time Bandit on Deadliest Catch. Can’t wait for Season 4 to start :heart: !!!

I watched - I’m glad TJ got to stay :yay: though, it doesn’t look good for him on the previews!

I can’t imagine driving across (or walking on) a frozen lake! Here in Alabama, we don’t see ice like that! I would be petrified!!

Growing up in Upstate NY, we had plenty of lakes that froze up. So there was truck races and snowmobiles on the lakes all the time.

Strange thing is that I may have been a wild child but I did always keep my promise to this day to my Mom to never go snowmobiling on the ice.

I haven’t seen this…I’ll have to try and catch it…we are fans of Deadliest catch too…

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]Yep that’s the one…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Huge Deadliest Catch fan here! When I saw the previews for Ice Road Truckers, I didn’t think it seemed very interesting. Then I actually watched an episode. Wow!! Those guys have guts. I couldn’t do that, and I think I would go crazy if my boyfriend or husband did that for a living. I never knew that the ice road even existed. I am terrified driving on solid ground; I have to give those guys kudos for doing such a dangerous job. I can’t even imagine.

My 3 year old DS LOVES this show - we DVR it for him :slight_smile: He loves anything to do with trucks, so this is right up his alley!

Yeah, I watch this with DH too. Although I cannot stand Hugh. Mainly it’s just his foul mouth and the constant BEEP BEEP BEEP of the TV as he’s cursing every other word. Drives me nuts!!!

Rick is just a moron. Plain and simple.

I love TJ!! I especially love his accent! It’s so cute. And yes, I’m worried about him this week too!! Although it has already happened to him!! The other thing I don’t like is how they keep saying “someone isn’t going to make it” and then everyone survives and is fine. I know they do that so that you’ll watch the show, but jeez, tell the truth for heaven’s sake.

Alex is cool too. Much more laid back. 25 years, man that’s a long time…good show. :thumbsup:

My man has done the deadliest catch thing for a living, and now that he’s seen the ice road truckers he’s interested in that too. (He joins the crab fishermen during crab season in AK and then drives truck the rest of the year.) I told him I wasn’t sure my heart could take the ice road trucking along with the crab fishing. He just laughed.

My gosh! I couldn’t stand it - I would be worried to death - about either job!!

My wife and I love this show too. I think Alex and Jay are our favorites. I think Rick is an ass and I can’t stand his attitude, but it makes the show interesting.

Hey, I wonder if Mason gets to see this show and if he would ever drive on the ice road?