I need some help with directions for RT (right twist)

The directions I have says knit 2 tog and leave on left hand needle, insert right-hand needle (from front to back) between the 2 sts just knitted tog; then knit the first st again. Sl both sts fron the left hand needle to the right hand needle.

I am confused?? Does this mean you then have 4 stitches. Also when saying insert between the 2 sts just knitted together… are you slipping a stich (sort of)… and then "knit the first st again? which is it??

I knit quite well but these directions are confusing HELP

No you should only have two stitches once you have followed those directions… K2tog, then before you slide it off the left needle you re-insert the right needle (which has the 1 stitch you just knitted from the K2tog on it) back into the gap between the 2 knitted together stitches on the left hand needle and knit that as well, creating another stitch. Then slide these 2 stitches you just made off the left needle onto the right.

Am I any clearer than mud? :shrug:

Thank you but I am still a little muddled.

OKay… Now after I have inserted the right needle between the two I just knitted together I then pull through yarn… and knit it to what? After this I am confused… do I slip the two orignal stitches onto the right needle - creating 4 stitches from the original 2?

You’re not pulling the yarn between the two stitches. You’re knitting the stitch closest to the point again. The ‘between the stitches’ direction is a bit confusing.