I cord pattern help please!

Hi Everyone!

I am making the handles for a felted purse. I got the first one started the way I needed to, and then figured out the whole I cord thing, but now I can’t figure out how to end it the way the pattern calls for. Here is the pattern:

Using double points- cast on 3 sts, leaving a long tail. Work in st st for 4 rows. Push sts to bottom of needle. Cut yarn. Cast on another 3 sts. Work 4 rows in st st. Next row- knit across the 3 sts, then knit across the 2nd set of 3 sts. Begin working in I cord on the 6 sts. Work I cord until total length from beginning is 13". Split the 6 sts into 2 groups of 3 and work sparately on each set of 3 sts for 4 rows in st st. Bind off each set leaving a long tail.

I’ve gotten to the point where my I cord is 13’ long- I can’t figure out how to do it from there- if I split 3 sts off of the other 3, how do I work each set of 3 with the same yarn? Hopefully I’m making sense…thanks!!

Margie

I think it wants you to add a second ball of yarn…need more opinions, though…

Yep, work on them both with seperate yarn. You can knit one side, bind it off, cut the yarn, then knit and bind off the other side.

So, I would finish off the one set of 3 stitches with the yarn that I’m using now, and then bind off and cut it, and then pick up on the other 3 that are still on the needle, and finish them? :?: