Hudson valley?

anyone around the hudson valley, ny? i can’t find any knitters near me. i live in campbell hall, about 15 miles west of newburgh…

Yes I live in East Fishkill on the other side of river.

I live in Middletown.

yay! finally a response! i live in campbell hall - we moved here recently from new jersey. so, where do you two go for yarn? i highly recommend the cornwall yarn shop, if you haven’t already been…

You already know I’m in Pleasant Valley. What’s the name of that shop–or is it the Cornwall Yarn shop?

Yes it’s the a Cornwall Yarn shop and it’s great, Gail is so nice. They are having a Yarn Cruise again in September info on their site, we had a blast. Also the pizza shop near there is great the huge calzones are wonderful too. The East Fishkill library also has Knit and Knosh every thursday 12-1:30 if anyones in the area. We are quite a mixed bunch.

as k2tog said, it is the [U]cornwall yarn shop[/U]. i just started knitting early this year, and before i discovered this store existed, my only experience with yarn was what was available at michael’s and joann’s. the first time i went, i was like a kid in a candy store. the owners of the shop are incredibly nice, as are most of the customer. i haven’t yet been to a class there, but i have been itching to go to the beginning crochet workshop.

Your link takes me to the KH forum page :shrug: but I googled the shop. It looks great. Maybe I’ll take a ride out there this summer if I’m hankering to fondle some yarn.

fixed the link, i think…sorry, it was late at night.

I live in westchester…little far but my boyfriend use to live in newburgh

ooo - westchester has some fantastic yarn shops - i am envious. have you been to flying fingers yet? it’s on my to-go list…

i work at an animal hospital in new windsor, ny, which is one town over from newburgh…