How to securely attach pom-poms?

I have finished making myself a hat (and will be starting two others for some friends) and I don’t really know how to attach the pom-poms. :?? I don’t want to make a mess of my hat trying to weave them in so they don’t fall off, but I’m clueless as to how to make them secure.

Any suggestions or know-how would be appreciated! Thanks!

Great looking hat! I’d pull the two long strings in through the top of the hat with a crochet hook or something and then tie them securely and cut the ends. No muss, no fuss.

Thanks Ingrid! That sounds easy enough for the top.

Any suggestions for the two pom-poms for the I-cord ties at the end? I guess I could try and make some sort of knot around there some where and tuck it in?

I’ve seen tassels on the ends of hats like that. :thinking:

What a beautiful Hat!!! Truely. I have been looking all over the net and in knitting books for a pattern for that exact hat. I would like to make one for both of my daughters as they have problems with ear infections. Please let me know where you found that!

I am knew and going scarf crazy…will run out of people to make them for soon so I must learn to make something new. :XX:

I have gotten a lot of help from this site…Thanks to you all! :cheering:

Keri

Thanks Keri. The pattern is very simple and fast! It’s from the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts. They have several variations too so you can mix it up. Have fun! :slight_smile: