How to Pass 3rd st on right needle over first 2 sts?

Hello,
I am a beginner knitter and am trying to knit a facecloth from the book, “Spa and bath sets to knit”, by Rhonda White.
I am confused with Row 21. It says, " k4, yo, k3, pass 3rd st on right needle over first 2 sts, * K1, YO, K3, pass 3rd st on right needle over first 2 sts; repeat from * across to last 3 sts. K3

I have tried doing this so many times and it just doesn’t look like the picture. I am confused with the part that says, "pass 3rd st on right needle over first 2 sts.

When I did it again today I did end up with 38 st. The same amount that is says to cast on. On mine it looks funny. Where I pass 3rd st over there is a line or bar on my design. It doesn’t look like the picture.

Can someone please help me?

(Row 20 is k3, p32, k3)

Thanks so much!

Welcome!

After you k3, pass the 3rd stitch from the end of the right needle over the two sts that are closest to the tip of the needle.
Can you tell us the pattern name or give us a link to the photo?

Found the book on Rav - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/leisure-arts-4494-spa--bath-sets-to-knit/patterns - Which one are you working on? (I’m guessing Refresh as it’s the only one that looks like it might use that stitch pattern.)

Yes, that kind of decrease is going to make a little bar. (You can see some good instructions on passing a stitch over and pictures that show what it looks like on Craftsy. https://www.craftsy.com/blog/2016/03/psso/ ) That only shows a stitch passed over one other stitch, but the concept is the same.

The picture of the sample in the book could look different because the next row is already worked, the cloth has been blocked or some thing else.

Hello,
Thank you so much! (Lewister) The lady who replied below found the exact pattern I am working on. Thank you so much for your help!

Hello,
Thank you so much for answering my question! I would never have guessed that it was a decrease. I will look at the Craftsy blog and learn how to do it correctly.

I am so grateful for the knitting forum and for all who help share their knitting experience and wisdom!