How To Knit Book

Hello!!

I am teaching my daughter in law how to knit and we are having fun with it!! I’m looking for a book that has projects that go along with each step. Like if I want to teach her how to do a YO or K2tog there would be a project to use to practice the new stitch or skill. Something that goes in order!!

Anyone have any recommendations??
Knitcindy

This may not be exactly what you were looking for but I like this book and not just for kids. The projects might be too elementary but it’s worth a look.

There’s also this post but I haven’t used the books recommended. The descriptions let you know which ones have projects included.

Ordinarily the library is a good way to screen books for the one you want to buy but most aren’t open right now. Maybe you have a good local bookstore?

1 Like

I can’t help with books but Granny’s fave dishrag (I know, I know, it’s Grandmother’s Favorite Dishcloth or similar) would use cast on, yo for increase, k2tog, decreasing to prevent an increase, and bind off. A small one would be a nice coaster.

1 Like

Thanks so much!! I have saved tons of $$ by using the Library. But for now I’ll have to browse online.

Knitcindy

Thanks GG

I forgot about that cute little project. I’ll have to check it out!!!

Knitcindy

1 Like

Cheap and don’t buy anything I don’t have to is coded into my DNA. I find so much online for free that paying any money for anything except yarn and needles is pretty much a last resort. That said, I hope you find the book you want. It would be a lovely thing to give your DIL. You know, I had (may still have) a little book from Walmart that came in an I Can’t Believe I’m Knitting or similarly titled kit and it has some patterns in it. If I find it and you want it I could send it to you. The needles and other things that were with the booklet have gone into my black hole of knitting parphernalia or to someone else so it would be just the book. I’ll have a look for it.