How to attach sleeves in this particular pattern?

patterns

Hello knitters!

I am quite new to knitting and this is the first sweater I ever knit (my gift for a baptism). It looks great and will be utterly adorable on this adorable little girl, all that’s left is knitting the sleeves and I am stuck

Here is the sleeve part of the pattern:

Work sleeves:

Place 29 (32, 34, 37 // 37, 39, 41, 43, 45) held sts onto dpns, dividing sts on the needles evenly. Joining yarn at underarm, pick up and knit 2 sts, place BORm, pick up and knit 2 sts (you’ve picked up a total of 4 sts: two underarm cast on stitches plus 1 stitch on each side of the cast on section).
You have: 33 (36, 38, 41 // 41, 43, 45, 47, 49) sts.

Knit until 3 sts remain before m, ssk, knit to m, slm, k1, k2tog, knit to end of round. You have: 31 (34, 36, 39 // 39, 41, 43, 45, 47) sts.

Knit until 3 sts remain before m… how am I supposed to do that if it isn’t attach yet?
Also, I do not understand how to proceed with the stiches already on my needles.
I have watched tutorials on knitting sleeves, and they all start up with bare needles and pick up the stitches as they go.

If anyone can help me or point me to a tutorial using this method, I would greatly appreciate!

Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

Welcome!
You have the held sts on dpns but there’s likely a gap at the underarm. Pick up and knit 2sts at the underarm, place the marker and then pick up and knit 2 more sts. You’ll be picking up towards the right of the gap and picking up moving toward the left and the first dpn.
Here’s a video for picking up and knitting.

Once you’ve picked up the second set of 2sts, join to knit in the round. Just keep knitting around until you’re 3sts from the marker and follow the decrease instructions.

What is the name of your pattern?

Thank you so much for the help! You did help me understand.
I was finally able to complete one sleeve, I hope I did it right though.

The pattern is the Latte Coat by Lisa Chemery.

Ah, lol, I have this pattern and have knit the jacket several times. Love it. Enjoy working it and do post a photo when you finish.