How do you think I would do this?

I just got my The Stitchery catalog and they had this listed in it. I already have a knitting basket, but my cat has decided it’s her new bed. :wink: How would I go about lining my basket so that it’s like that basket? I don’t really know anything about sewing.

Your cat has good taste … that’s an adorable basket !!

I’m not much of a seamstress either , but it looks like you could just do a gathering stitch across the bottom of the fabric , then just sem up the side , and do a wide hem across the top , leaving the edges open to insert the cording .

If it were me , I would find someone who knows how to sew , and become their new best friend … :wink:

Diane

I would suggest a fairly heavy fabric so that it will stand up as in the picture (maybe a light-weight denim?). It almost looks like you can make a tote bag type bag and place it in the basket. I wonder if sewing at about.com might have a similar pattern :thinking: Very pretty!

Thanks!!! My mum sews so if I can figure out how to do it, I bet I can con her (I mean talk her) into sewing it for me. :slight_smile:

Off to look at about.com.