How do you end with a RS row?

[B]Martha Stewart Coming Home Poncho - Lion Brand Knit Pattern[/B]
I’ve finally reached the home stretch of this pattern. I have a very basic question now. The pattern says, “Work in Garter st (knit every row) for 2 inches [5 cm], ending with a RS row. Bind off loosely.” How do you end with a RS row?

Before I began my first row of Garter st, while holding the needle in my left hand, the RS was facing me (as per the instructions). I knit every row for the 2 inches, but I’m not sure where to stop. While holding the needle in my left hand, which side should be facing me when I stop before binding off (RS or WS)?

I can finish this long awaited project with a little help!

Thanks in advance!

:slight_smile: Jenny

This means that the last row you knit before you bind off should be a right side row of the pattern.

So, the bind off row would be a wrong side row if you were to continue to knit.

Hope that makes sense!

1 Like

So, do I want to stop knitting every row when the needle is in my left hand (as though I were going to knit another row) with the RS facing me?

1 Like

If the needle with the knitting on it is the left hand needle, and you just turned the knitting so you can begin to bind off, then the [I]wrong [/I]side would be facing you. That would be because you just finished knitting a right side row and therefore would be ending with a right side row.

:happydance: Wow…that makes so much sense when you put it that way! Now I can finish my project! Thank you so much!!! :woot: :thumbsup:

The BO should be on the WS row. `End with RS row’ means you’ve just finished knitting it.