***How do you block?***

[color=darkblue]Hi everyone,
I finally have my grandsons sweater done. There are some mistakes/opportunities to learn…but I’m happy. One sleeve was longer or something so there is a little scrunching going on where I sewed it in.
How do I block it? The yarn is Plymouth Yarn Encore Knitting Worsted Weight 75% Acrylic and 25% Wool.
Thanks for all the help I received making it,
Susie[/color]

Encore can be machine washed, so I would do that and lay it/shape it flat on a towel to dry.

[color=darkblue]Thanks Kelly. HEY, how do I tell my daughter and law to wash it? It can be washed and dried in a dryer right???
Susie[/color]

My vote is not to bother blocking. It is machine washable and dryable, and comes out great. If you thoroughly wet acrylic, it stretches out. It regains its shape in the dryer, so nothing is really permanent with acrylic, anyway.

I have never blocked sweaters made with Encore.

[color=darkblue]Thanks Ingrid. I just hope the dryer things doesn’t shrink it much as I would like him to at least be able to wear it the winter. :slight_smile: I think I will stick to ADULT sweaters…next one for me. :slight_smile:
Thanks,
Susie
[/color]

I have washed and dried my sweaters and sweaters for the kids–on gentle, of course, and they haven’t shrunken a bit!

[color=darkblue]Ingrid,
You have a GENTLE dry cycle??? LOL. Ok, thanks I think when he does outgrow it I will make a pillow out of it. :slight_smile:
Susie[/color]

:smiley: Well, Low, anyway. A pillow is a great idea!!