How difficult does this vest look?

remembering i am a beginner…

http://www.paradisefibers.net/Naturally-Childs-Pullover-Vest-Kit-p/198365.htm

thank you!

betsey

Shouldn’t be too difficult - we’re here to help you if you get stuck in a place or two.

That looks like a good beginner project.

if you run into problems. I’m not a great knitter but sometimes I can figure out answers, but we’ve got some GREAT knitters who can solve the most puzzling stuff!

I think it’s great that you’re making a wearable soon into your knitting career. :slight_smile: I can’t tell you how many scarves I made before I branched out!

Boo-

thank you for the encouragement! i still need to just order the kit, and then circle it a million times first! nothing ventured, nothing gained…

betsey

Some of my best first projects were vests- they knit up quickly and I didn’t have to face the psychological challenge of doing the second sleeve. (I have a project or two just waiting for me to do the second sleeve. :teehee: )

I think it is a great idea to get a yarn and pattern that have been “matched” for you so that you won’t be struggling with that process.

A word to the wise… Perhaps pick a size larger than where your child is now- if your gauge is a bit off and it comes out small you still can have your child wear it- and if it comes out big then they just get to wear it longer. :smiley: Or, if it takes you longer to knit it than you expected then your child is less likely to have “grown through” it.

I did a vest for my dd1 and it turned out to fit my dd4. :wink:

Keep us posted of your progress!

Just dive right in! Plenty of help here if it’s needed.

Very cute vest!! I think its a perfect starter project-my first item was a vest, too. And since it’s child-sized it’ll be QUICK :mrgreen: Well relatively speaking, anyway :teehee:

thanks hilary!
i’m going to order it tomorrow…

betsey

That looks cute and easy.:thumbsup:

hiya-
i ordered it yesterday from Paradise Fibers…instead of online, i called the order in…i am SO pleased with the service! it was going to ship yesterday as well, and best of all…mailing with first class postage was 1.98–instead of the usual jacked up shipping prices lots of companies charge.

I also bought an extra skein, as a “just in case” and/or to knit a hat to match…

betsey

I think that looks like a terrific project for a beginner! Enjoy.