Hi new girl needs help with knitting socks on two circular needles

HI! I was so happy when I found this forum. I am so proud of myself for my accomplishment so far. Sorry I am not able to take a picture and down load it today–something wrong with my J drive for downloading pics from my card.

I am knitting socks on two circular needles. I am to the point where i have turned the heel and picked up all my stitches on the side of the heel flap. Problem is: instructions say to now knit across my 33 stitches on my first needle but the yarn is in the wrong place to do that. The yarn is ready to knit across the 18 stitches left (from the original 32 that I decreased as I turned the heel) on my second needle not counting the 32 stitches I picked up on each side of the flap.

This is the best description I can give. If anyone has knit socks using this method please let me know what you think I should do.
Thank you so much to anyone who can help.

Lettie

What pattern are you using? I’m learning toe up socks on 2 circs from Silver’s tutorial, but I have a book that teaches socks on circs too.

Personally, I’d knit the 18 that are left, then move on to the 33 on your first needle. I mean, you can’t knit those 33 until the 18 are taken care of, right?