Hi help needed please

Surprisingly I managed to find it right away!

https://www.letsknit.co.uk/free-knitting-patterns/bell-edge-cardigan

Yes that’s the bell pattern but the one I had and want again had Bell stitching above the chest and continued onto the sleeve as if it was Bell pattern all round. So grateful for everyone’s help we are getting there this one is pretty

1 Like

Well, all that I have found using image search is a foriegn language video on how to do the bell stitch

Yes same here it’s not on trend I guess now but to not find even an old pattern is very strange

Is one of these from Ravelry similar?

Bell Cardi

Bell frill cardigan

Bell Flower Cardigan

Bell Jacket

Little Bells Cardigan

Bells

1 Like

Aww this is so kind of you thank you. I like it but it’s in 5 ply the one was a high neck not scoop and was a chunky knit. This one is pretty but never heard of 5 play and wouldnt need less than double knit. Thank you do much again :nose::blush:

The blue bell cardi is very close this one has bells all over the one I had was single moss stitch and one or two bands of bells round the top of the chest and around both sleeves so heading on the right track

I’m making Elizabeth Smith’s Lassi and it’s working up very nicely and simply. I like the detail she includes in her pattern (like constant stitch counts so you can double check that you are on the right path).

Do you remember roughly when it was published? Or, what year you knitted it in?

Also, do you happen to remember what kind of wool was used?

And one more question: Would have been the Australian or UK Women’s Weekly?