Help!

I am TRYING to knit bears for my new niece and nephew. I can not get past the second leg. the directions are cast on 16 stitches, knit 38 rows. Cast on 16 stitches on same needle and knit 38 rows. I cast on 16 more stitches and begin to knit and the leg is curling up, it seems like it is caught to the last stitch before I casted on the new ones. HELP!!!

I am TRYING to knit bears for my new niece and nephew. This is the pattern: http://gonnafly.hubpages.com/hub/EasyKnitting-Patterns I can not get past the second leg, I cast on 16 more stitches and begin to knit and the leg is curling up, it seems like it is caught to the last stitch before I casted on the new ones. HELP!!!

Are you casting on the second leg with a new strand of yarn? The two legs should be separate. Finish leg one, cut the yarn leaving about a 6inch tail. Now start over again with a new end of yarn and cast on for leg two. You’ll join the two legs when you get to the section on knitting the body.

no I was not cutting the yarn, the directions did not say to. Do I have to bind off the last stitch? will it unravel?

Leaving this leg on the needle, cast on 16 stitches on the same needle (for the other leg)

You don’t need to do any bind off stitches here, just leave them where they are and start the other leg. The first leg will just hang out on your needle until you’ve finished knitting the other one. After you finish that one you’ll knit across both legs, joining them together. Cute pattern!