Help with pattern increase

I’m knitting a headband and the pattern reads:
Make all incs on right side rows. When the piece measures 8 cm inc all P 1 to P 2 . I think it’s purling in the front and back loop but when I do this it doesn’t like like I’m increasing the purl side. I hope this makes sense.

I think it’s purling in the front and back loop but when I do this it doesn’t like like I’m increasing the purl side.

What do you mean by [B]purl side[/B]? What is the stitch pattern being used?

As I read that I guess what you are trying to accomplish is to take all the places where you have a purl 1 and make them into purl 2s instead. You are doing this on a right side row. While working on the right side, I tried using a purl in the front and then a purl into the back loop on a purl stitch that appears on the left needle and I get two purls on the right needle facing me. That would put them on the right side.

When you say,

I think it’s purling in the front and back loop but when I do this it doesn’t look like I’m increasing the purl side.
I’m not sure what you mean by the purl side? I guess it depends if the right or wrong side is the purl side, but doing what it says should put the extra purl bumps on the right side, because it says to increase on the right side.

If you think you shouldn’t be ending up with 2 purls next to each other on the right side where there was only 1, maybe a different increase would be needed. But it seems like it is saying to have the 2 purls on the right side.