Help with magic loop!

Hi! So I just started trying magic loop. I got the stitches on the cables correctly but when i started my round the working yarn got stretched out and the circle didn’t get completed. I’m not sure what I did wrong so any help would be appreciated.

Oh I think I figured it out :slight_smile:

I recently started using Magic Loop too. It’s my first time even using circular needles. I grew up using straight needles, Continental Method. Sure a good feeling when you figure something out. I have a couple of questions too but have to figure out first how to even explain, lol Good luck with it :slight_smile:

This is a recent thread that may have some answers for you, too. If you need more just ask. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it really is! I feel like doing a happy dance every time I accomplish something knitting related :smiley:
It is hard wording questions :slight_smile: I wish you luck with yours!

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing the link. I want to knit a slouchy for my son but I can’t seem to find one that’s for beginners. I also seem to have a problem finding patterns for a size 9 needles so maybe this will answer some questions that I have. Thank you in advance :grinning:

I posted the link two posts up.

Thanks :slight_smile: its great having this forum. I’m going to try and explain after my next attempt so I get stockinettw on the bottom of the piece when doing the first couple of rows to match my little bag’s stockinette. Then I’ll be able to really watch so I can explain what I’m doing so it’ll be easier for someone to explain how to make it work right!

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, they were very helpful for me :slight_smile:

more information

I love being able to share ideas and get help. I’m so glad to see this one about magic loop as I’m learning circular knitting and using this method after all straight needle knitting. I found one video on very basic undoing a mistake. That’s helpful but I was wondering if anyone has seen a link for other videos. I get confused when I have a mistake on the other needle and don’t want to knit another row on top of it but trying to go backwards with the needles is hard, at least for me at this point. Thanks :slight_smile:

See if this helps with tinking back to the mistake.

Of course, I wish us all error-free knitting from now on!

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: that’s the one that did found before, the only one and it definitely is a good one. Maybe we’ll be able to find some more. I really appreciate it :smile: Error free, wouldn’t that be amazing! My father used to joke “knit 1, purl 2, rip 3” lol

I went straight to you tube and just typed in beginner magic loop. I had to watch about 5 different ones but I finally got it. It’s so easy once you got it. :grin:

1 Like