Help with increasing a pattern size

My existing pattern only goes up to size 38i would like to increase this to a 40+. Is there anyone who could help me re-write the pattern please. It’s a simple dress pattern in DK,?
Shroffee

Welcome to KH. What pattern are you wanting to change? Seeing it would be very helpful so if you can post a link that would be fantastic.

Hi there and lovely to hear from someone so quickly.
Unfortunately the pattern is an old one…Emu 3499 - highly improbable that you can find it however I will send a photo of it with the new measurements required.

I would be so grateful to have your help if its possible please.

You will see my dilemma I think especially when trying to adjust for example the number of cast on stiches to make 3 sizes bigger when the increase number of stiches ( in brackets) doesn’t go up by an even number?

Many thanks

Hi there and lovely to hear from someone so quickly.
Unfortunately the pattern is an old one…Emu 3499 - highly improbable that you can find it however I will send a photo of it with the new measurements required.

I would be so grateful to have your help if its possible please.

You will see my dilemma I think especially when trying to adjust for example the number of cast on stiches to make 3 sizes bigger when the increase number of stiches ( in brackets) doesn’t go up by an even number?

Many thanks

GrumpyGramma

May 31

Welcome to KH. What pattern are you wanting to change? Seeing it would be very helpful so if you can post a link that would be fantastic.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I’m graciously (?) bowing out. I think it’s something I could do but I wing it and make adjustments as I go. I don’t write out what I plan to do or what I’ve done. Someone else can be of assistance I’m sure. That’s cute and I hope you can figure it out. I’m sorry that I can’t help.

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
You might try knitting a gauge swatch with a heavier weight yarn, maybe a worsted weight. See if that increases the size enough for what you’d like and if you like the knit fabric.

The pattern sizes do increase by 4 or a multiple of 4 (109,113,121,125). Knowing the gauge, you can figure out how many inches that translates to and see what it would take to get the size you want. Bear in mind that you’ll have to also figure out shaping at the armholes and neck as well and that may take some trial and error.

Another thought is to find a similar pattern in the size you want and modify it.

You can change the stockinette to rice stitch and either enlarge the collar or adapt a cowl pattern.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your help… I’m going to be brave and attempt it with a lot of careful checking along the way…

2 Likes