Help with Debbie Bliss Cabled Jacket

This is a question about a Cabled Jacket from a Cashmere Collection. The pattern has already been corrected by Debbie Bliss, but is still confusing. Here’s what I don’t understand:
Patt 33, slip next 2 sts onto cable needle, hold at back, then kfb andk1 from cable needle, slip next 2 sts onto cable needle, hold at front, kfb, k1 and then k3 from cable needle,, patt 9; rep from * to *, pattern 33, 99 sts.

My problem is that from * to * is not 9, but 10 sts. Also, after you do the rep from * to *, there are way more than 33 sts left. I don’t understand where they get 99 sts. Can anyone help or does anyone know this pattern? Thanks, Carola

Is this exactly the quote from the pattern? How many sts do you have on the needle when you start the row?

Patt 33, slip next 2 sts onto cable needle, hold at back, then kfb andk1 from cable needle, slip next 2 sts onto cable needle, hold at front, kfb, k1 and then k3 from cable needle, patt 9; rep from * to *, pattern 33, 99 sts

It seems to be missing the number of sts to work after the first two are slipped to the cable needle. Also the directions for the 2nd cable don’t make complete sense.

There is an errata page for this collection and this sweater which you may have seen.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cabled-jacket-23

Thank you. There is a correction, which helps with one step. I think I’ve decide to rip out the whole sweater and select a different pattern completely.
The pattern is off repeatedly and is almost impossible to follow at several points.

Thanks again,

Carola

Well, you have to decide what’s best. It’s a pity that the Debbie Bliss patterns seem to contain so many mistakes. I’ve made them before and run into similar problems. The finished items are lovely but sometimes very frustrating to make.
I hope you find a pattern that works and that you like.

Hi,
Thanks again. I’m tormented by this sweater! I’ve made other Debbie Bliss sweaters. This one is so unclear that I can’t even figure out how/where to do the blackberry stitches. I’ve never given up on a sweater, but this one may have beaten me. One woman posting on ravelry says she met Debbie Bliss who said she received more questions on this pattern tan on any other.
Anyway, thanks for your help,
Carola

Carola Chase, LCSW

Warning:
This email and any documents transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, transmission of the contents in any form, such as disclosing, copying, or distributing is strictly prohibited by law.