I’m trying to finish up my hat by adding bunny ears, but I’m running into some issues.
Can someone please provide more guidance on what it means “to twist the strands of yarn around each other once so that the transition does not require seaming.”
Below is the pattern for the ears.
- Cast on 12 stitches with the Alpaca Regal, then directly following, cast on 10 stitches with Angora.
- The right side of the ear will have a panel of Alpaca in stockinette stitch, and a slightly smaller panel of Angora in reverse stockinette. So the inner ear section will fit snugly inside the ear flap, and feature just a little bit of texture.
- Row 1: (right side) purl 10 stitches of Angora, Knit 12 stitches of alpaca regal.
- Row 2: (wrong side) purl 12 stitches of Alpaca Regal, Knit 10 stitches of Angora.
- Repeat in this manner for 12 rows total. Be sure to twist the strands of yarn around each other once so that the transition does not require seaming.
- Decrease Row 1: (Angora) purl 2 together, purl 6 , purl 2 together, (alpaca) Knit 2 tog, Knit 8, Knit 2 tog.
- Row 2 : work in pattern with no decreases (knit the knit stitches, purl the purl stitches).
Here is the full pattern: