Help! What is it called?

[FONT=“Arial”][SIZE=“3”]Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

I need some help please.

One of my Goddaughters wants me to knit a special sweater and I have no idea what the style is called.

It’s an [B]off-shoulder sweater[/B] that can be pulled halfway down the upper arm or brought up higher to where the shoulder rotator cuff is located. It’s almost a “strapless” sweater and was very popular in the 1950’s.

It usually has a turned down ribbed “collar? cuff?” … oh dear, I don’t know what to call it. <grin> The neck, clavicals and shoulders are left bare and it would be worn braless or with a strapless bra.

Does anyone know what to call this sweater or where I can find a pattern?

Thanks in advance for any and all help and forgive my inability to better articulate the design.

Once I hear what it is called I’m sure there will be a “I could’ve had a V8 moment.” <smile>

All the best,


I believe it’s called an “Off the Shoulder Sweater”… :teehee:

You have to be a member of Bernat, but they have one on their site that may be what you’re looking for.

Main site

Hi Jan,

That’s perfect and just what I was looking for.

Many thanks.


If you’re still looking, here’s another: