Help please with knit chart~~

First post on this site - looks so very interesting - can’t wait to look around~

I have a pattern on a grid chart and need to have it made into a written pattern. Is there someone who would be able to help or do this for me - I have spent the last two hours giving it a try to no avail!

I have been knitting for 30 years but never from a chart.

Thanks in advance for any information ~

Have a wonderful weekend! :sun:

Hi there. I’m sure some of our wonderful knitters can help you decipher your chart so you can write it out. If you can link to your pattern or post a photo or something of your chart it would help.

Since I am sooo new to this site - I hope I did the attachment correctly… Thank you so much for your reply!~ :cool: The attachment is the chart I would love to have in a printed pattern…~

Hi bluemoon and welcome to KnittingHelp!
What a great chart. Are you just knitting the outline in a couple of different colors? Are you going to knit this with different balls of the contrasting color for each area (intarsia)? Does your pattern suggest a way to work this? I’m wondering if duplicate stitch would do better than knitting in single sts of contrasting color. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE5X-sLq7X8
That said, consider each block a stitch. Where you see a white block, work the stitch in main color; where there’s a grey block, work in the contrasting color. Remember to cross the yarns in the back when you change color. Here’s a video that shows how:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/play/intarsia-color-knitting

Thank you so much for the useful info. There is no pattern, just this chart that I would love to have in a written pattern. My plan is to knit a dishcloth …so I would use just one color and fill in rather than an outline.

OK, that’ll look great on the front side. You could also consider doing the grey box stitches as purl sts to give a kind of embossed pattern which would be reversible (although Michigan would be reversed, too).
The other thing to think about is that this is 52 blocks wide (and 32 blocks high) so you’ll have to figure out the size for whatever weight yarn you’re using, depending also on the finished size you want.

ETA: Here’s a nice video for reading charts in case that helps