Help needed!

If anyone has worked on the GottaHaveFadeVest by SPEKTAKELSTRIK. DK I would really appreciate some help

Welcome to the forum!

You can quote a couple of rows of the pattern that are causing the problem if you’d like. Don’t post a large portion of the pattern please due to designer copyright.

Looks like Brioche to me with color changes on the front side. Nancy Marchand has a great website about Brioche. If you’ve never done it before, I recommend practicing a bit before you start on your precious new yarn. It isn’t hard but you have to have some practice visualizing it, IMO. To spot errors, get the hang of the row sequences etc.

https://www.briochestitch.com/archives/onecolorbrioche/general-information

Thank you so much to those that have responded.
I have no problem with doing the brioche, thanks to YouTube! In fact I have successfully completed the first 3 sections of my GottaHaveFadeVest, however I am struggling with the start of Section 4.

That reads:-

P 1 row, K 1 row with 2 strands of the colour D held together on needle size 3mm. Do not fasten off the colour A.

On the right side row decrease 2stitches by knit until there are 5 stitches left on the needle, k2tog, k2tog, k1 ( my translation is to knit to last 5 stitches then knit 2together twice then knit 1)

So far so good.

Change to needle size 7mm and the colour A + 2 strands of the colour D held together.

Repeat the 1st and 2nd rows of brioche 6 times

This is where it goes wrong

The brioche just goes into a loopy mess no matter what permutations I try.

If anyone can help I’d be really grateful :slight_smile:

Are you looking at the columns of knits in the previous rows to make sure that the sts line up with the earlier sections of brioche? The decreases might shift the way the rows begin although the double decrease should avoid that.

Maybe you could post a photo of your knitting? Use the landscape icon in the center of the upper panel in the Reply box.