Help my slip knot unraveled and I’m almost done first the back portion of the sweater. Is there a way to do a slip knot on the cord??
What is the name of your pattern and designer?
Did you knit the slip knot the rest of the way up the back? You could then thread the yarn tail fhrough the stitch above the missing slip knot to make a stitch there replacing the slip knot.
If not knit into the fabric of the back, do you need the slip knot?
It may be that a photo of the area with the missing slip knot would help us.
It’s the winters pullover by Ozetta. I’m almost done doing the German short rows for the back portion. I’m supposed to have 124 stitches casted on. But I realized I’m at 123 because my slip knot came un done. Also for some reason it won’t let me upload photos right now. Is there a tutorial out there that shows how to fix an unraveled slip knot?
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/winters-pullover
Can you take the yarn tail and loosely tie a new slip knot? Then slide the knot into postion before tightening it.
You may be able to add a photo now after the posts that you’ve made.
I’m sorry, but I don’t understand. Where was the slip knot? Why did you need one? Was it part of your cast on?
Can you just KFB at that end to add the stitch back in?
Try again to upload a picture…they take more time to load than you’d think, so be sure to wait long enough. The photo should appear in the field to the right of where you type.
If you’ve been doing short rows does tnis mean the slip knot has not yet been worked and you are just coming to it now at the completion of the short rows?
I think salmonmac’s suggestion of making a slip knot and slipping it knto the needle will work.
Another option could be to insert your needle into the next stitch (which has become your first stitch) and do a knitted cast on using the tail of the yarn. This would be a little loose to knit into but you can snug it up by tugging the tail and later you will weave the tail in so it will be secure.