Help! Joining sleeves-Raglan

I am making my father a v-neck cardigan for Christmas. I am following a pattern from Ann Budd’s Handy Book of Sweater Patterns. I’m stuck :shrug: I finished both sleeves and am getting ready to attatch them. The pattern says:
Join all pieces as foll:
With RS facing, knit across 31 sts of the right from, pm (did that), knit across 42sts of right sleeve, pm (huh? :?? ), knit across 62 sts of back, pm, knit across 42 sts of the left sleeve, pm, knit across 31 sts of left front.

Here’s my question, what does the pattern mean with it says “knit across 42 sts of right sleeve”? How do I attach the sleeves?

Please help! I need to have this finished by Sunday!

:? What does it mean by “knit across?” I don’t understand how that joins pieces…

That is what I am confused about. I knitted both sleeves and kept them cables so I haven’t bound off. I’m not sure how I am supposed to join them to the body.

This pattern has a couple diagrams that show how to join body and sleeves for a bottom-up raglan.

At first your stitches will be very tight and you’ll think you’re doing it wrong, but after a few rounds you’ll have a much easier time.

Here’s my question, what does the pattern mean with it says “knit across 42 sts of right sleeve”? How do I attach the sleeves?

You attach the sleeves by knitting the sleeve stitches which were (probably) on stitch holders. The markers are there to mark where you’ll make decreases. After a few more rounds it will look better.

sue

Thanks so much. I have the sleeves attached. Hopefully I will have it finished by Monday. xxx