Help finding a similar yarn?

So I am making a blanket and ordered about 10 of the Drops Nepal (Yarn Group C). Now, I messed up, because my pattern also requires a navy blue color, which they do not offer.

All of the other yarns in the same bulk group may have navy, but are completely different yarn. I don’t want anything too synthetic, does anyone have a suggestion for where I can find a similar yarn, offered in navy. Any assistance would be appreciated! :aww:

http://www.nordicmart.com/shopexd.asp?id=2702 (Here’s the yarn)

Here are the details of what I am using now:

[INDENT]Material: 65% wool, 35% alpaca
Yardage: 1 ball = 50 g = 75 m / 82 yds
Yarnweight: worsted
Textured: plied
Needle size: 4.5-5.5 mm (US 7-9)
Tension/gauge: 17 sts x 22 rows = 10x10cm (4"X4")[/INDENT]

[INDENT]DROPS Nepal is a lovely, chunky luxurious yarn spun in 35% alpaca and 65% wool. The mix accentuates the softness of alpaca and the wool contributes to the garments’ shape stability. The quality is spun from 3 strands which gives an exciting and rustic stitch definition. DROPS Nepal is an easily knitted quality and on needle size 5mm/US 8 even larger garments are quickly completed. DROPS Nepal is ideal for felting. The felted garments have an even and soft surface. This is an incredible quality at a very good price.

NOTE! Since this quality is new, there are no patterns specifically made for Drops Nepal, but all patterns made for Drops Alaska can be used.[/INDENT]

Have you checked around for other worsted/aran weight yarns in a wool/alpaca mix? www.yarndex.com is one place to look, ravelry.com is another where you can also look up the pattern and see which other yarns were used for it.

I have looked around, and I didn’t find much. I will check the link you gave, thanks!

Check out the Valley Yarn Berkshire at Webs. www.yarn.com

It comes in two weights and is very nice to work with.

What about Berocco Ultra Alpaca?

It comes in some blues that might do although it may be slightly thinner than you want.

I will check them all out, and hopefully find something reasonably priced. Thank you for the suggestions! :heart:

The Berocco is great, but I don’t see Navy Blue.

They have a dark blue, but it’s not quite Navy.

I really don’t get a commission on the Berkshire :teehee: but it is really lovely stuff and quite reasonable. And it comes in navy.

Thank you everyone, I went to our local yarn shop on Saturday and got some. It’s not perfect, I have to knit extra to make the squares match up, but it’s a great yarn. It’s the Malabrigo in Paris Night.

http://www.malabrigoyarn.com/images/yarn_sub_categorias/z_75_1.jpg

Great! Let us see the finished blanket if possible.