Help attaching border to blanket

Hello!

I just joined this group and am loving it! I’m self-taught knitter and have found SO many useful tips here! It seems that there are quite a few things I forgot to teach myself, LOL! It really is a great site for someone like me! :cheering:

My question is about attaching a knitted border to a knitted blanket. It took forever to get this far and is finally ready to put together. The instuctions say to chain it on. I do know how to crochet too, so I know what a chain stich is, but what is the best way to do it? I can’t really tell from the pattern how it was done because I can’t actually see the chain stitch. Can anyone give some advise on the best way to do this?

Thanks!

What I would do is this–with a crochet hook about the same size as your needles, put the hook in each stitch the way you would when picking up stitches and chain in each one. Keep it loose, and if you need to, skip or do two in one hole to make it lie flat.

Thanks Ingrid.

Do you think it matters if the “chain” is on the front or the back. I guess what I’m asking is will it pull or fold one way or another?

Good question. I’m not sure. I suspect if you keep it loose it will lie flat, but if it’s tight it will tend to curl toward the blanket.